Kufpec and Petronas Carigali Awarded Block SB 312 Offshore Malaysia

Petronas has awarded a Production Sharing Contract for offshore Block SB 312 to Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd and Kufpec.

Block SB 312, covering an area of approximately 2,900 square kilometers, is located about 80 km offshore Kota Kinabalu in water depths ranging from 60 to 150 meters.

Under the terms of the PSC, Petrons Carigali will own a 60% and will operate the block. Kufpec has the remaining 40% and will carry 20% of Petronas Carigali's interest during the PSC's exploration period.

The award is based on an exploration program which includes exploration drilling of three wells and an acquisition of 750 square kilometers of 3D seismic data. The minimum financial commitment for the block is US $45 million.

Kufpec, a subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, currently has a few assets in Malaysia, including interests in Blocks SB 301 and SB 302 offshore Sabah and in the Chendor Development Area offshore Peninsular Malaysia.

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Oilfield Sales Representative - Outside Sales (Oil and Gas)
Expertise: Business Development|Project Management|Sales
Location: Odessa, TX
EU Business Development Manager - Refining/Maintenance Services
Expertise: Business Development
Location: Houston, TX
Manager, Probabilistic Risk Analysis Job
Expertise: Business Development|Research & Development|Technical Manager
Location: Minneapolis, MN
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $49.98/BBL 1.59%
Light Crude Oil : $49.18/BBL 1.56%
Natural Gas : $2.73/MMBtu 1.44%
Updated in last 24 hours