Kodiak Names Henderson Finance Chief
Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. announced that James Henderson has joined the company as Chief Financial Officer, effective May 24, 2007. He assumes the duties of principal financial and accounting officer from Lynn Peterson, who remains as Kodiak's President and CEO.
Before joining Kodiak, Henderson spent 17 years with Western Gas Resources, a NYSE-listed exploration and production company, in various financial roles including Director, Financial Planning & Analysis. He most recently served as Director, Accounting Services at Anadarko Petroleum Corp. in the Denver office after its acquisition of Western Gas Resources. With his entire 20-year career spent at publicly traded oil and gas companies, Henderson brings to Kodiak in-depth knowledge of acquisitions and divestitures, internal financial controls and processes, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, cost management, and high-level analytical and modeling support. In addition, his relevant experience at Western Gas included involvement in midstream responsibilities such as gas gathering and marketing and commodity risk management as part of that company's pipeline, gathering, processing and marketing unit.
Prior to joining Western Gas, Henderson held accounting and internal financial analyst positions at Apache Corporation and Pennzoil Company. He holds a Bachelors degree in Accounting from Texas Tech University and a Master of Business Administration degree from Regis University in Denver. He is active in the Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS).
Peterson said: "James fills a role much needed at our rapidly growing company. His extensive public company energy industry experience, M&A expertise, numerous professional relationships, and financial strengths are a valuable complement to the Kodiak team. Further, his addition will allow Kodiak to continue establishment of best-in-practice internal controls and corporate governance which are essential to a public company's success. We are pleased that James has joined Kodiak and look forward to leveraging his broad skill set as we grow reserves, production and ultimately shareholder value."
Denver-based Kodiak Oil & Gas is an independent energy exploration and development company focused on exploring, developing and producing oil and natural gas in the Williston and Green River Basins in the U.S. Rocky Mountains.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Western Gas Resources, Inc. more info
- Anadarko Announces $2.2B Midstream Monetization (Dec 27)
- Kodiak Names Henderson Finance Chief (May 07)
- Anadarko Closes $8B Credit Facility (Apr 11)
Company: Kodiak Oil & Gas more info
- Whiting's Proven Oil-Equivalent Reserves Up About a Third in 2014 (Dec 22)
- Whiting To Buy Kodiak For $3.8B, Create No. 1 Bakken Producer (Jul 14)
- Kodiak Oil Production Rising After Latest Bakken Land Deal (Sep 11)