Aker Yards to Build AHTS Vessels for Rem
Aker Yards has entered into a contract with Rem Con AS a subsidiary of Rem Offshore ASA for building of two AHTS vessels. The value of the contract is approximately NOK 1.4 billion in total.
The vessels are Anchor Handling Supply Vessels, based on the Aker Yards design AH 12. Delivery is scheduled in Q1 2010, and Q2 2010. The vessels will have a bollard pull in excess of 300 tons, and will be outfitted with a triple drum winch of 500 tons. Accommodation is planned for 70 persons.
"We are very proud to be able to contribute to the dynamic expansion of Rem Offshore's fleet" said Roy Reite, President of Offshore & Specialized Vessels for Aker Yards.
The hulls for the vessels will be built at Aker Yards in Romania, and outfitted at Aker Yards in Norway.
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)
Company: Rem Offshore more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- VARD Agrees to Terminate Order to Build OCAH Vessel for REM Offshore (Jun 29)
- VARD Clinches $133M Contract to Build OCAH Vessel for Rem Offshore (Jun 05)