La Pampa Awards Ayala II, III Blocks
Argentina's La Pampa province has awarded exploration concessions for the Gobernador Ayala II and III blocks to the Argentine subsidiaries of Canada's Petrolifera (TSX: PDP) and Petro Andina Resources respectively, the provincial government said in a statement.
Petrolifera, one of four bidders for the 207 sq km Gobernador Ayala II block, offered 960 work units each valued at roughly US$10,000 and a 25.5% royalty rate for the province. The tender had called for at least 200 work units and 18% royalties.
Investment must be carried out in the first two-year exploration period.
Petro Andina presented an offer of 1,750 work units and a 28% royalty rate for the 335 sq km Gobernador Ayala III block. The company was one of eight bidders for the block.
Exploration previously was carried out on the blocks as a result of tenders launched by Argentina's energy ministry.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Petro Andina to Farm-In to Cory Moruga 'E' Block Onshore Trinidad (Sep 16)
- Pluspetrol Extends Offer for Petro Andina Resources (Aug 19)
- Petro Andina's Board Rejects Pluspetrol's Offer (Jul 03)
Company: Petrolifera Petroleum more info
- Gran Tierra to Acquire Petrolifera (Jan 18)
- Petrolifera to Start Gas Production at Brillante Well (Nov 11)
- Petrolifera Wraps Up Long Term Test in Colombia (Sep 21)