DSND Subsea Wins Work at Thunder Horse

Subsea 7 has been awarded a $30 million subsea installation contract by BP for its Thunder Horse and Atlantis developments in the Gulf of Mexico. For Thunder Horse the work scope of the projects includes the installation of subsea structures and controls including umbilicals totalling over 60 kilometers in length, flying leads and rigid jumpers.

For Atlantis, the installation comprises umbilicals totaling over 42 kilometers in length with options for flying leads. The installations will be placed at 6000 and 7000 feet respectively, it said. The Thunder Horse development is located in Mississippi Canyon block 776 of the Boarshead Basin, 125 miles South East of New Orleans. The Atlantis field is approximately 125 miles South of New Orleans in the vicinity of Green Canyon block 743.

Thunder Horse is operated by BP with a 75% interest and ExxonMobil holds the remaining 25%., Atlantis is operated by BP with a 56% interest and BHP Billiton holds the remaining 44% interest.


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $49.98/BBL 1.59%
Light Crude Oil : $49.18/BBL 1.56%
Natural Gas : $2.73/MMBtu 1.44%
Updated in last 24 hours