Origin Reports Maui Reserves Increase
An annual reassessment of gas reserves by the Maui Joint Venture parties has resulted in Contact's P85 reserves increasing by 37.5 petajoules (PJ).
In October 2006 Contact announced it had secured rights to 170 PJ of natural gas under its Right of First Refusal agreement with the Maui Joint Venture parties. Forty-two percent of this entitlement came from P85 gas volumes, with the remaining 58 percent from P50 volumes, which was dependent on this reserve being firmed to P85 status.
The recent reassessment has seen the Maui Joint Venture parties firm 60.8 PJ of natural gas from P50 to P85 status, of which Contact has rights to 61.63 percent, or 37.5 PJ.
"In October last year Contact indicated it had confidence that its P50 entitlements would be firmed to P85 reserves, and this increase is consistent with Contact's expectations," said Chief Executive David Baldwin.
P85 means the quantity of gas estimated at a probability of 85 percent or greater to be recovered from the field. P50 means the quantity of gas estimated at a probability of 50 percent or greater to be recovered from the field.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Contact Energy Ltd. more info
- Origin Energy to Sell 53.09% Stake in NZ's Contact Energy for $1.18B (Aug 04)
- Contact Energy Waves Goodbye to Director (Jul 01)
- Contact Drills 3 Gas Injection Wells at Ahuroa Storage Field (Dec 07)