Endeavour to Participate in Acer Exploratory Well
Endeavour International Corp. has entered into an arrangement with Challenger Minerals (North Sea) Limited, a subsidiary of GlobalSantaFe Corp., in which it will trade a five-percent interest in its Emu prospect on Block 48/1a in the Southern Gas Basin of the North Sea for an equal interest in the Acer prospect on Block 16/18b in the South Viking Graben area of the North Sea.
Endeavour will hold a five percent working interest in the well that began drilling in late March. The prospect will test an Upper Jurassic sandstone target to the south of the Brae and Miller fields. ConocoPhillips (COP) is operator of the well.
The Emu prospect is scheduled to begin drilling in mid-to-late summer and will test a Leman sandstone objective in close proximity to two wells that were drilled during the 1990s with gas shows. Endeavour will serve as well operator and following the Acer swap will hold a 25 percent working interest in the license.
Endeavour International Corp. is an oil and gas exploration and production company focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of energy reserves in the North Sea.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Endeavour International Corporation more info
- Endeavour Halts Drilling Ops at East Rochelle (Feb 14)
- Endeavour: Transocean Semisub Mobilized to Rochelle Field (Jan 07)
- Endeavour CFO Resigns (Oct 29)