Chevron: 3D Seismic Shot on Cardon 3, Drilling Next
US oil major Chevron (NYSE: CVX) has finished shooting 530 sq km of 3D seismic data on the Cardon 3 offshore block in western Venezuela.
Chevron is working with Canadian oil and gas independent PetroFalcon (TSX: PFC) and soon will start a drilling program on Cardon 3, Chevron E&P Latin America head Ali Moshiri told BNamericas.
"Now we are going through the interpretation phase to see if we can find a good prospect and after that we go ahead and begin development," he said.
Operators will drill one well as part of the development phase this year, Moshiri said.
Chevron holds a 70% interest in Cardon 3 and PetroFalcon the balance.
Chevron won Cardon 3 in 2005 as part of the Rafael Urdaneta project with a US$5.6mn bid.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: PetroFalcon more info
- PetroFalcon Denied Approval for Anadarko Venezuela Acquisition (Oct 09)
- PetroFalcon Gets Closer to Lundin Purchase (Oct 18)
- PetroFalcon Begins Natural Gas Deliveries from La Vela (Aug 29)