Northern Spuds Sidetrack from Ottoland-1
Northern Petroleum PLC said that its Dutch subsidiary, Northern Petroleum Nederland B.V. (NPN), has re-entered the Ottoland-1 well to drill a sidetrack using DrillTec's Synergy #1 Rig. This is NPN's first well in The Netherlands as the designated Operator.
Following the recent Heads of Agreement between NPN and Dyas B.V. ('Dyas'), NPN has an 85% interest and Dyas a 15% interest in the Ottoland-1 well, which is within the Andel license. The Ministerie van Economische Zaken has a future right to elect that there will be a 40% State participation in the Andel license, with NPN the holder of the remaining 45%. Such participation will be on the basis of being a fully paying partner in all respects from license award, and payment of applicable back costs to NPN.
The existing Ottoland-1 well drilled in 1987 tested oil at a rate of 211bopd over an interval of 14 meters in the Upper Bunter in a near vertical well. The Ottoland-1ST sidetrack has been designed to intersect and produce from 600 meters of reservoir in a near horizontal well at significantly higher flow rates.
Derek Musgrove, Northern's Managing Director, stated:
"These operations in the Netherlands bring closer planned production from NPN's
six onshore fields. The Ottoland sidetrack has been designed to achieve
commencement of production from the field at enhanced production rates than
those originally evaluated in the initial study conducted by Northern together
with RPS Energy. Following completion of the well, development plans for the
three fields within the Andel license will be submitted to the authorities for
approval based on the results of the well."
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)
Company: RPS Energy more info
- Meridian Petroleum Divests Working Interest in Orion 36 Well (Jun 29)
- Aurelian Reports on Polish Seismic, Romanian Appraisal Results (Apr 07)
- Bankers Petroleum Cites Albanian Reserves Increase in 2008 (Mar 27)
Company: DrillTec GUT GmbH more info
- Northern Spuds Sidetrack from Ottoland-1 (Apr 26)
- Northern Petroleum Wins Onshore Dutch License (Mar 30)
- Northern Reports Early Dutch Sidetrack Deal (Jan 17)