Statoil Strengthens Position in Norwegian Sea
Statoil has taken over parts of Shell's interests in Norwegian Sea exploration licenses.
Operator Statoil has signed agreements with Shell regarding the takeover of Shell's interest in production license 281 Midnattssol in the Norwegian Sea from January 1, 2007.
At the same time, operator Statoil takes over 2.5% of Shell's 10% interest in production license 328 Obelix in the North Sea's Voring Basin. Statoil will now have a 42.5% interest in the Obelix license.
"This strengthens our Norwegian Sea position, which is an important area to us," says Tim Dodson, Statoil's senior vice president for exploration in Exploration & Production Norway (EPN).
"We've already made several interesting finds and have great faith in the area."
Statoil has a 50% interest in the Midnattssol license following the transaction. One exploration well, named Elida, has already been drilled in the license. The result from this well was interpreted as encouraging for further exploration. Plans call for well number two to be drilled in May/June 2007.
Other licensees are E.ON Ruhrgas with 20%, Petoro (20%) and ConocoPhillips (10%).
Statoil is operator for the I Obelix license. Other licensees are Shell with 7.5%, Petoro (20%) and Gaz de France (30%).
The transactions are dependent on regulatory approval.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Ruhrgas more info
- Rocksource Hits Dry Well at Breiflabb Prospect (Jul 18)
- E. On Ruhrgas to Spin Bit in North Sea (Jun 23)
- Sevan, Ruhrgas Sign LOI for FPSO for Huntington Development (May 04)