Hess Accelerates Oil Output from Ujung Pangkah
US-based Hess Corp. will accelerate oil output from Ujung Pangkah field in East Java from 2009 to April 2007. Initial production from the field is estimated at 1,600 barrels a day, BPMIGAS Deputy for Operations Dodi Hidayat said.
"Production acceleration will be conducted while they wait for the permanent facilities to be completed in 2009," Dodi said, adding that Ujung Pangkah will also produce 100 mmscfd of gas.
Crude output from Ujung Pangkah area will be sent through a shuttle tanker to Natomas Floating Storage and Offloading in Tuban. The field is expected to produce oil at 5,000 barrels a day in 2009.
Hess owns 75% stake in Pangkah Block, while ConocoPhillips has the remaining 25%.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: BP Migas more info
- Indonesia Greenlights BP's $12.1B LNG Proj. at Tangguh (Nov 02)
- Gas Deliveries from Ruby Field Offshore Indonesia to Start Late September (Sep 07)
- Indonesian Regulator Approves 12 O&G Development Plans (Aug 13)