Bennett to Succeed Smith as Tag Director
Tag Oil Ltd. has named David Bennett as a director of the company. To facilitate this appointment, Jim Smith has tendered his resignation.
Bennett has led teams responsible for the discovery of a number of new oil and gas fields. He has extensive technical, operational and executive experience, and has enjoyed a successful 30-year career creating significant value for oil and gas companies based in Australasia, Britain and Canada
Bennett is a co-founder of Austral Pacific Energy Ltd. and was CEO from 1997 to 2005. During his tenure, he led the team that discovered several new oil and gas fields currently under development in New Zealand's Taranaki Basin and Papua New Guinea's Foreland Basin. In earlier years, with New Zealand Oil and Gas Ltd., Bennett led the team that discovered the highly profitable onshore Ngatoro and the major Kupe South offshore gas/condensate fields in the Taranaki. He is presently involved in exploration activities in the East Coast Basin of New Zealand and in the potential commercialization of the Douglas gas discovery via a new pipeline from Papua New Guinea to Alcan's alumina refinery in Gove, Australia.
Bennett received a bachelor of arts in natural sciences from Cambridge University in 1968, a master of science in exploration geophysics from the University of Leeds, and in 1973 a doctorate in geophysics from the Australian National University with post-doctoral work at the University of Texas (Dallas).
He is also a director of Canadian-based Trans-Orient Petroleum Ltd. and British-based Rift Oil Ltd.
- NZOG Submits Application to Exit Kaheru PEP 52181 (Mar 23)
- New Zealand Pushes Ahead to Grow Upstream Sector, Reap Economic Gains (Aug 28)
- Australia's AWE, PPP, NZOG To Drill 2nd Oil Well Off NZ Coast (Jun 10)
Company: TAG Oil Ltd. more info
- TAG Oil Gets Approval to Take 70% Operating Stake in NZ's PEP51153 (Jun 06)
- NZ-Focused TAG Oil Cuts Capex for Rest of FY16 Due to Low Oil Prices (Oct 15)
- TAG Prepares for NZ's Cheal East Field Development with New Pipeline Link (May 27)
Company: Austral Pacific Energy Ltd. more info
- Austral Pacific Files 2008 Annual Results (Mar 26)
- Austral Pacific Revises NZ Reserves Estimates (Feb 16)
- Malvern, Onaero 2D Seismic Surveys Completed (Dec 01)
Company: Rift Oil more info
- Rift Gets Extension for Petroleum Prospecting License in PNG (Aug 03)
- Rift Oil Completes Gas Pipeline Study for PNG Licenses (Apr 15)
- Rift Oil Upbeat on Positive Flow Test at PNG's Puk Puk-1 (Mar 31)
Company: Trans-Orient Petroleum more info
- TAG Oil Clinches Acquisition of Trans-Orient Petroleum (Dec 16)
- Trans-Orient Shareholders Check 'Yes' for TAG Oil's Acquisition (Dec 10)
- Trans-Orient Plans 2nd Stage of Boar Hill-1 (Dec 07)