Pioneer Increases Share Repurchase Program
The board of Pioneer Natural Resources Co. has approved a $450 million increase in its existing share repurchase program, which now authorizes the purchase of up to $750 million of its common stock.
Since acquiring Evergreen Resources in 2004, Pioneer has repurchased approximately 31 million shares which represents approximately 21% of the shares then outstanding, including 650,000 shares repurchased during the first quarter of 2007 at an average price of approximately $38.00 per share. The increased share repurchase program provides for further reduction in outstanding shares.
Pioneer is a large independent oil and gas exploration and production company, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with operations in the United States, Canada, South Africa and Tunisia.
- Rising Gas Output Drags Down Shares Of US Shale Leader Pioneer (Aug 02)
- Pioneer Natural Trims 2017 Budget, Cites Weak Oil Prices (Aug 01)
- Kemp: US Shale Producers Are Drilling Themselves into a Hole (Jun 30)
Company: Evergreen Resources, Inc. more info
- Pioneer Increases Share Repurchase Program (Apr 23)
- Pioneer & Evergreen Get Stockholder Approval for Merger (Sep 28)
- Heartland to Acquire Evergreen Resource's Kansas CBM Assets (Sep 21)