Karoon Gas Looking for Rig for Browse Basin Work
Karoon Gas and its joint venture partner, ConocoPhillips, are currently in the process of identifying a suitable rig for their joint operations in the Browse Basin permits WA-314-P and WA-315-P off Western Australia. Drilling is expected to commence between late 2007 and early 2008 depending on the availability and acquisition of a suitable rig.
Karoon and ConocoPhillips have also been offered, and intend to accept, an additional gazettal W06-6 in the Browse Basin Area off Western Australia. The gazettal W06-6 has been offered by the Department of Industry and Resources and upon approval will be awarded by the Commonwealth – Western Australian Offshore Petroleum Joint Authority.
The gazettal area, currently known as W06-6, is located immediately to the south of the Karoon – ConocoPhillips joint venture's current WA-315-P permit and east of the Woodside operated Torosa gas/condensate field.
ConocoPhillips will hold a 60% interest in the permit area with Karoon holding the remaining
40%. ConocoPhillips will be the operator of the new acreage.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Karoon Gas Australia Ltd. more info
- Karoon Buys PEPC's 35% Stake in 4 Santos Basin Blocks in Brazil for $20.5M (Sep 28)
- PEPC Makes Overdue Payment to Karoon for Brazil's Santos Basin Blocks (Jun 16)
- Karoon Issues Default Notice to Santos Basin Block Partner PEPC (Jun 15)