Roc: Drilling Continues on Frankland-1
Roc Oil (WA) Pty Limited said that, as of 10 a.m. Australian Western Standard Time (AWST) on Tuesday, the Frankland-1 exploration well in WA-286-P offshore Perth Basin was drilling ahead at 2,090 meters.
Since the last drilling report (April 10), the well drilled to 1,720 meters where 244 mm casing was set prior to drilling on to the present depth.
Based on preliminary drill data and Measurement While Drilling information, it appears that the top of the reservoir objective was encountered some 50 meters high to prognosis at approximately 1,983 Meters Below Rotary Table (MBRT). Current tentative interpretation suggests that hydrocarbons are present in the main reservoir objective from 1,983 MBRT to 2,018 MBRT, over an internal of 35 meters.
Between 2,018 MBRT and current depth, the predominant lithology appears to be low net/ gross section with high background gas, but with possible further hydrocarbon saturation in thin sands. An additional zone of potential interest was encountered in the up hole section of the well between 1,338 MBRT and 1,348 MBRT.
The forward program is to drill to the proposed total depth of 2,210 MBRT and run a full suite of electrical logs to evaluate more precisely the nature and significance of the hydrocarbon indications encountered by the well.
Participating Interests in WA-286-P are:
- Roc Oil (WA) Pty Ltd (Operator), 37.5%
- AWE Oil (Western Australia) Pty Ltd., 27.5%
- Wandoo Petroleum Pty Ltd., 24.0%
- ARC (Offshore PB) Limited, 6.0%
- CIECO Exploration and Production (Australia) Pty Ltd, 5.0%
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Wandoo Petroleum more info
- Empyrean: Gas Zone Drilled in Project Margarita Well (Jun 21)
- Empyrean: Record Rains, Flooding Delay Shallow Drilling at Margarita (Jun 05)
- BassGas JV Welcomes Arbitrator's Decision on Clough Dispute (Jun 04)
Company: CIECO Exploration & Production more info
- Japan Far East Gas, Gazprom Ink MOU for Vladistok LNG Project (Jun 24)
- Ocean Patriot Completes Drilling Program at BMG Field (Sep 03)
- Pertamina Picks Up Stake in Offshore BMG Project (Aug 19)