New Deals Boost Duffy and McGovern in SE Asia, Australia
Duffy and McGovern has secured three new deals in Australia and China, boosting its order book in Southeast Asia and Australasia by more than £100,000 (US$197,000).
Duffy and McGovern Accommodation Services' extensive fleet of unique 20' x 8' units are in high demand, with Sperry Drilling Services and Schlumberger taking the modules on ongoing rental deals ranging from three to 18 months.
Sperry's modules will be used by staff from the Peak Group, AED and Apache Energy on the Wilcraft in the Perth Basin and Stena Clyde in the North West Shelf and Timor Sea, respectively, during drilling operations.
Fitted out with logging facilities including computer rack space, the laboratory units are DNV-approved and have been customized to meet Sperry's specific requirements with shelving, wall cupboards, whiteboards and specialized Barrier Box mountings.
Schlumberger is also utilizing high-specification 20' x 8' DNV-approved, A60 fire-rated zone 1 engineering modules, fitted as offices and laboratory space, used to support operations in the North West Shelf, Western Australia. The firm has been working with DMAS in Australia since 2005.
Weatherford has also taken a 16' x 8' engineering unit from DMAS' southeast Asia base in Singapore, for use in its operations offshore China over six months.
DMAS was acquired by US company Superior Energy Services in January 2007, for its existing accommodation subsidiary HB Rentals, headquartered in Broussard, La.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
- Schlumberger's Latest Asset Deal Raises Fresh Concerns Ahead Of 3Q (Oct 19)
- Offshore Start-Up Borr Drilling Aims To Expand Fleet, Keep Costs Low (Aug 30)
Company: Superior Energy Services more info
- Superior Energy Eliminates Dividend (Mar 31)
- PMI Energy Services Sets Up New Shorebase in Morgan City (Oct 22)
- Oil Billionaire Hamm Sold Superior Energy Stake Citing Weak Returns (Aug 11)
Company: Peak Group more info
- Awilco Nabs LOI for Drilling Program Offshore Indonesia (Aug 05)
- New Deals Boost Duffy and McGovern in SE Asia, Australia (Apr 17)
- Arrow to Supply Liquegas with Coal Seam Gas from Daandine (Apr 11)
Company: Det Norske Veritas (DNV) more info
- DNV Wins Verification Services Contract with Wintershall (Jan 29)
- DNV GL Merger Gets Clearance from Competition Authorities (Sep 12)
- DNV Breaks Ground for New Laboratory in Singapore (Jul 01)
Company: Duffy & McGovern more info
- Duffy and McGovern Gains New Deals with the Move to Singapore (Aug 08)
- Duffy and McGovern Gearing Up for High Demand (Jul 23)
- Duffy and McGovern Makes Waves in South East Asia (Jun 13)
Company: AED Oil Limited more info
- AED Welcomes New CEO (Apr 28)
- AED Receives Extension for Rombebai PSC Contract (Apr 20)
- AED to Plug, Abandon Lempuyang Well (Apr 07)
Company: Sperry Drilling Services more info
- ConocoPhillips Taps Halliburton for Bohai Bay Services (Feb 16)
- Sperry, Total to Jointly Develop Ultra-High-Temp Measurement System (Aug 26)
- Halliburton Optimization Technology Aids Oseberg Development (Nov 13)