Harriet JV Drills Wonnich Deep Horizontal Well
Tap Oil says that the Wonnich Deep-1H well, located in Production License TL/8 offshore Australia is drilling ahead. The well is being drilled to production test the Upper Jurassic Dupuy Sandstone objective and access any un-drained volumes in the upper Flag sandstone horizon.
Wonnich Deep-1H has encountered what appears to be a thinly bedded gas bearing Upper Jurassic Dupuy sandstone interval. The well also encountered an un-swept gas zone in the shallower Flag sandstone level. The well is now being sidetracked and completed to both production test the deeper zone as well as produce gas from the shallower Flag sandstone horizon at a later date.
The Wonnich Deep-1H well is being drilled from the Wonnich platform which is tied-in to the production facilities at Varanus Island.
Harriet Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest as operator with 68.5%; Tap (Harriet) Pty with 12.2229%; and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)