Eni Signs Exploration Agreement in Congo

Eni signed the Assignment Agreement for the exploration license "Marine XII" in Brazzaville, Congo, with Congolese Minister of State-Minister of Hydrocarbons and Minister of Economy Finance and Budget. Minister of Energy and Waters was also present. The area extends for 1,103 square km and is located 15 km off the Congolese coast at a water depth ranging from 20 to 50 meters.

As part of the agreement Eni will be the operator of the license with a 90%-stake, in partnership with Societe Nationale des Petroles du Congo (SNPC), which holds the remaining 10%. The signing of the agreement also enables the start of the exploration campaign through a 3D seismic survey.

"Marine XII" has proven reserves and significant potential for gas and condensates. Eni is committed to developing this potential through an integrated project for the valorisation of gas. This includes the construction of a 300/450-MW power-generating plant to be built near the Djeno terminal, as stipulated in the Protocole d'Accord signed on 17 May 2006. This project is part of Eni's sustainability strategy and contributes to enhancing the power and reliability of the local electrical system, a condition necessary for the industrial and social development of the Country.

Eni has been present with exploration and production activities in Congo since 1968, with an overall investment amounting about $4 billion. Eni's daily equity production totals 67,000 barrels of oil equivalent (boe).

The "Marine XII" agreement and the recent acquisition of the M'Boundi field represent further progress in Eni's growth in Congo and reinforces the company's ongoing commitment to securing new business opportunities through the exploitation of its successful, long-lasting expertise.

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Project Controls Specialist
Expertise: Project Management
Location: Minneapolis
Business Development Manager
Expertise: Business Development|Construction Manager|Sales
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Business Development Manager
Expertise: Business Development|Construction Manager|Sales
Location: Denver, CO
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.79/BBL 1.30%
Light Crude Oil : $49.96/BBL 1.10%
Natural Gas : $2.77/MMBtu 2.12%
Updated in last 24 hours