Downer Secures $200M in Pilbara Contracts
Downer EDI Limited (Downer EDI) announced today that its engineering division, Downer Engineering, has in recent months secured contracts to the value of $200 million in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
The company was recently awarded a major contract with Woodside Energy (Woodside) for above ground electrical and instrumentation work for the new LNG Train 5 project, part of Woodside's LNG Phase V Expansion of the North West Shelf Project. This continues Downer Engineering's 20 year association with Woodside on the North West Shelf Gas Project.
Contracts awarded also cover electrical work associated with BHP Billiton's Rapid Growth Project 3 and 4. This includes the port facilities upgrade at Port Hedland and electrical and instrumentation services for the expansion works at BHP Billiton's Area C iron ore mine.
CEO of Downer Engineering, Wayne Nolan, said the company was experiencing an unprecedented level of demand for electrical and instrumentation work in Western Australia, largely a result of the economic boom and the company's position as a premier supplier of these services in the west.
The electrical and instrumentation works for Woodside's LNG Phase V expansion will focus on the new LNG processing train and includes a new load-out jetty, new boil-off gas compressor, acid gas removal unit, new fractionation train and facilities, gas turbine generators and associated switch rooms and auxiliary rooms.
Downer Engineering's mobilization at the site has commenced with completion of the contract scheduled for first quarter 2008. The onsite workforce involved in the project is expected to peak between 150 and 190.
Downer Engineering's power business is the largest provider of electrical contracting and a significant supplier of mechanical contracting services in Australia. These services are delivered across all industries from mining, oil, gas, and power generation to high rise office buildings. The division also designs, project manages and maintains high voltage transmission lines (up to 500kV); gas fired combined and open cycle power stations, heat recovery steam generators and a range of other power station related systems. In addition, Downer Engineering provides services in electrical and mechanical maintenance, including traffic signaling, automation, ticketing and facilities management.
Downer EDI Limited is an Australian top-100 company that provides comprehensive engineering and infrastructure management services to the public and private transport, energy, communications and resources sectors in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Downer EDI Limited more info
- Downer EDI Bags $159M Miscellaneous Work Contract for Gorgon Project (Sep 04)
- MB Holding Acquires Century Resources (Dec 07)
- Downer Secures $200M in Pilbara Contracts (Apr 12)
Company: North West Shelf Australia LNG more info
- North West Shelf Increases LNG Supplies to Tohoku (Dec 04)
- HMC Returning to Australian Waters (Nov 28)
- CNOOC Boosts Q1 Production (Apr 26)