Statoil Extends Well Service Contract with Aker Kvaerner
Statoil has extended its current well service contract with Aker Kvaerner for two additional years. The scope of work includes wireline and associated services at the Tampen and Halten/Nordland areas at the Norwegian continental shelf. The estimated contract value is NOK 400 million.
The work will be undertaken by Aker Kvaerner Well Service located in Stavanger, Norway.
"Through this contract extension, Aker Kvaerner will continue the good cooperation and working relationship with Statoil," said Ole Petter Thomesen, president of Aker Kvaerner Well Service. "We will continue to jointly develop and implement new intervention technologies to further enhance safety and increase operational efficiency."
"Aker Kvaerner has provided wireline services to Statoil for more than 20 years and we look forward to continue our excellent long term relationship," said Mads Andersen, executive vice president with Aker Kvaerner. "This important contract will secure our strong market position within well intervention services on the Norwegian continental shelf."
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)