Aker Kvaerner to Supply Subsea Christmas Trees to Petrobras
Aker Kvaerner has been awarded a contract to supply 18 subsea christmas trees to Petrobras under the current frame agreement. The contract has a value of approximately US $50 million.
The scope of work comprises 18 dual bore subsea christmas trees, designed to 2 000 meters (6 500 feet) water depth. The subsea christmas trees, or valve control stacks, will be deployed in several key fields located offshore Brazil. Deliveries are to be completed from Aker Kvaerner's subsea facility in Curitiba.
"This award confirms Aker Kvaerner's ability to fulfill our client's needs for delivery as well as our close cooperation with Petrobras", says Martinus Brandal, CEO and president of Aker Kvaerner.
Aker Kvaerner has extensive experience delivering subsea christmas trees in Brazil, having delivered more than 130 to Petrobras since the start of operations in Brazil.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)