Saipem Sets New Record in Mexico
The Pemex PB-KU-A2 production platform integrated deck was successfully installed by the Saipem 7000 in full DP mode on Friday, March 9, 2007.
The PB-KU-A2 deck was lifted off the barge only 24 hours after the cargo-barge arrived offshore.
The deck was installed on the jacket in less than three hours with rig-up performed offshore due to no feasibility of any pre-rigging in yard.
Reported lift weight of 9,521 MTe (10,473 T) is the new record in the GOM, beating the previous lift record of 9,025 MTe (9,927 T) held by the Saipem 7000 after the PB-KU-S deck lift on December 14, 2006.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
- Mexico's Pemex Posts $5.6B 3Q Loss On Lower Output (Oct 27)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)