Saipem to Work at Shenzi
Saipem America Inc. has been contracted by BHP Billiton to assist with developing the Shenzi Field in Green Canyon Blocks 609, 610, 653 and 654 in the Gulf of Mexico. The Shenzi Field development is located in 4,400 feet of water, approximately 120 nautical miles offshore. Partners in the development include Hess Corporation and Repsol YPF.
Saipem America’s scope of work includes the transportation and installation of subsea equipment, installation of three combined electro hydraulic dynamic umbilicals; the design, fabrication and testing of rigid subsea jumpers and nine suction piles; installation of 66 flying leads, three manifolds, eight SCR spool pieces on the Modec TLP and other associated subsea distribution equipment. The project is expected to be completed between February 2008 and November 2008.
Saipem America will be utilizing their fleet of US-flagged vessels and Innovator ROVs to perform these tasks along with various installation vessels from other companies to complete the work.
Saipem America has contracted Aker Marine Contractors, Inc., to perform aspects of the design and engineering tasks associated with the Shenzi Field development project, including the use of the DP-III BOA Sub C.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)