Tap Oil Takes Interest in Totem Prospect
Tap Oil has entered into an agreement with Nippon Oil Exploration (Dampier) Pty Ltd to acquire a further interest in exploration permit WA-191-P in the Carnarvon Basin.
Pursuant to the agreement with Nippon, in the event of a commercial discovery at Totem, Tap will earn a 15% interest in the graticular block containing the Totem prospect in WA-191-P.
WA-191-P is located in the proven Carnarvon Basin between Tap’s WA-8-L (which contains the recent Amulet discovery) and the Exeter-Mutineer oil development. The Totem prospect is located 4 kilometres North East of the Amulet field and has been approved for drilling by the joint venture.
As announced to ASX on 27 March 2007, Tap acquired an 8.2% interest in WA-191-P through an agreement with Woodside Energy Limited. This further acquisition, from Nippon, will take Tap’s total interest in the Totem-1 well to 23.2%.
The Totem-1 well is anticipated to be drilled in the second quarter of 2007.
Totem-1 Well Participants are Tap with 23.2%; Santos as operator with 33.4%; Nippon* with 25% and Kufpec with 33.4%.
*Note : 15% interest pursuant to the agreement with Nippon is contingent upon a successful discovery at Totem.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)