HOEC Hits Pay in Cambay Basin
Hindustan Oil Exploration Co. Limited (HOEC) has completed drilling and testing of well SPD-1, located south of its Pramoda Oil field in Block CB-ON-7, onshore India's Cambay Basin.
HOEC said that SPD-1 has encountered hydrocarbon-bearing sands. Testing of Hazad Formation sand resulted in flow of crude oil at an initial rate of 50m3/day (315 barrels per day), along with associated natural gas through 5 mm bean.
HOEC is the Operator of the Block CB-ON-7 and holds 50% participating interest during the exploration phase. Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Limited and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (Licensee) are the consortium partners in the said block.
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: Gujarat State Petroleum Corp. more info
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Oilex Commences Gas Production from Bhandut Field in Gujarat, India (Apr 08)
- GeoGlobal Updates ANK 41-S Drilling In India (Dec 22)
Company: HOEC more info
- HOEC Preparing Field Development Plan for Dirok Discovery in India (Sep 10)
- Eni Holding Snags 20% Interest in HOEC (Aug 08)
- HOEC Exploration Returns Negative Results on North Ledo-1 (Dec 26)