Acergy Wins Mexilhao Contract from Petrobras
Acergy has been awarded a contract from Petrobras to install the Mexilhao gas export trunkline in Brazil.
The contract, valued at approximately $400 million is for the installation of 120 kilometers of 34-inch diameter pipeline from an offshore fixed platform in the Mexilhao field to shore at Caraguatatuba, south of Rio de Janeiro. The main asset deployed on this project will be the Acergy Piper. The pipelay program will commence in the first quarter of 2008.
Philippe Lamoure, Vice President, South America said "This contract award confirms Acergys' leading position in the delivery of lump sum EPIC contracts in Brazil, following the award of the Petrobras
PRA-1 contract, which is now in the installation phase and the Chevron Frade contract that installs in 2008. Acergy also has three ships on long term day rate contract with Petrobras, with the most recent of these, the Pertinacia starting a six year contract shortly."
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Acergy S.A. more info
- Acergy Awards Serimax Welding Contract Offshore Nigeria (Mar 07)
- Acergy Awarded Contract Offshore Brazil (Dec 01)
- Acergy Awarded Contract for Medway Development Project (Nov 04)