Aminex Signs Rig Contract for Nyuni / East Songo Songo
Aminex PLC said that its wholly owned Tanzanian subsidiary, Ndovu Resources Ltd, has signed a contract for the use of Maurel & Prom's Caroil-6 land drilling rig for use at Aminex's Nyuni / East Songo Songo license.
This rig recently drilled Maurel & Prom's gas discovery well at the nearby Mkuranga license in Tanzania and will drill a development well in the Songo Songo gas field before delivery to Aminex and partners, anticipated for late May. Aminex plans two wells at Nyuni, the first of which will be directionally drilled from the small Killiwani island, which lies 1 km to the SW of Songo Songo Island. The drilling objective is a prospect known as Songo Songo South.
Brian Hall, Chief Executive of Aminex, commented:
"Securing the Caroil-6 rig is an important milestone in our 2007 drilling campaign. We are looking forward to commencing operations at Nyuni and will inform shareholders when there is further progress."
- Gabon Oil Workers To End Strike At Onal Field On Wednesday (Oct 25)
- Indonesia's Pertamina Takes 24.53% Stake in France's Maurel & Prom (Aug 03)
- Maurel & Prom Makes Deep Cuts as Oil Price Fall Bites (Jan 28)
Company: Aminex more info
- Aminex Secures Rig to Drill Ntorya-2 Well in Tanzania's Ruvuma Basin (Sep 26)
- Kiliwani North-1 Well Flows at 5,000 Boepd (Jul 04)
- Aminex: First Gas Production from Kiliwani North Field in Tanzania (Apr 06)
Company: Caroil SA more info
- Dominion Signs Rig Contract for Ops at Mihambia-1 in Tanzania (Sep 08)
- EastCoast Energy Secures Rig for Songo Songo Well (Apr 03)
- Aminex Signs Rig Contract for Nyuni / East Songo Songo (Apr 03)