Reliance, GSPL Sign Pact to Transport Natural Gas
Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) and Gujarat State Petronet Ltd (GSPL) on March 31, 2007, signed a Gas Transportation Agreement to transport 11 MSMCMD of natural gas from Bhadbhut in Bharuch to RIL's refinery and petrochemical complex in Jamnagar.
Under this Agreement, RIL has an option to increase the volumes of gas up to 14 MSCMD. RIL would transport portion of its KG Gas from Kakinada through its East West Pipeline and deliver the same to GSPL at Bharuch. For transportation of gas, GSPL would use its existing pipeline and develop new pipelines between Bharuch to Hadala and Rajkot to Jamnagar.
The transportation of gas shall commence in Second Quarter of 2008. The agreement is valid for a period of 15 years from the Start Date.
Similarly, Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation has signed Gas Transportation Agreement with Reliance Gas Transmission and Infrastructure Ltd (RGTIL) for transportation of 3.5 MSMCMD of natural gas from its largest KG Basin discovery at Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh to Gujarat. As per this agreement, GSPC has an option to increase the volumes of gas up to 11 MSCMD.
For transportation of gas from Kakinada to Gujarat, RGTIL is developing a pipeline between Kakinada and Bharuch.
The transportation of gas shall commence as soon as GSPC starts the production of gas from its KG basin. The agreement is valid for a period of 15 years from the start date.
PMS Prasad, President & CEO, Petroleum Business, of the Company signed the agreements with the Managing Director of GSPC, D J, Pandian, IAS, in the presence of Saurabhbhai Patel, Honorable Minister of Energy & Petrochemicals and D Rajgopalan, IAS, Chairman, GSPC.
- OPEC's Output Curbs Squeeze World's Biggest Oil Refining Complex (Oct 16)
- India's Reliance Industries 2Q Profit Up 7%, Lags Estimates (Oct 13)
- India's Reliance Sells US Shale Asset for $126 Mln (Oct 06)
Company: Gujarat State Petroleum Corp. more info
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Oilex Commences Gas Production from Bhandut Field in Gujarat, India (Apr 08)
- GeoGlobal Updates ANK 41-S Drilling In India (Dec 22)
Company: Gujarat State Petronet Ltd (GSPL) more info
- Reliance, GSPL Sign Pact to Transport Natural Gas (Apr 03)