Libya Signs EPSA with Tatneft
Libya's National Oil Corp. (NOC) last week signed an exploration production and sharing agreement (EPSA) with the Russian company Tatneft. The deal covers the following contract areas:
--(1) – 82 at Ghadames Basin --(4, 2) – 98 at Ghadames Basin --(1, 2, 3, 4) – 69 at Sirte Basin
Tatneft obtained all the above areas through Libya's Third Bidding Round. Under this EPSA, Tatneft will drill 16 wells and carry out seismic surveys for 2,000 km (3D) and 9,500 km (2D).
Tatneft previously obtained Block No. (4) – 82 through the Second Bidding Round.
- TANEKO Head: Tatneft To Double TANEKO's Refining Capacity In 2017 (Aug 18)
- Innovate, Cut Costs: How A Russian Oil Firm Navigates Global Supply Curbs (Aug 09)
- Tatneft Pledges To Keep Oil Output In Check, In Line With Global Deal (Jun 09)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
- Source: Libya's Sharara Oil Field Reopens After Pipeline Blockade (Sep 05)