Altinex Spuds Rau-1 Offshore Denmark
Altinex Oil on Sunday spudded the Rau-1 well in the Danish offshore License 7/06, 265 km west of Esbjerg with the drilling unit Noble George Sauvageau.
The Rau-1 well is the first well that Altinex is drilling as an operator in the Danish North Sea. It is also the first well to be drilled on a license awarded in the Danish 6th round in May 2006.
The well will be drilled to 2530 m depth. In case of discovery of hydrocarbons, two sidetracks are planned.
Partners in DK License 7/06 and the Rau-1 well are:
--Altinex Oil Denmark A/S - 40% (Operator) --RWE Dea AG - 40% --Nordsofonden - 20%
The Maeen-1 well in Oman has experienced severe
drilling problems in the shallow section. The
original well was plugged and abandoned. On March 22, a new
well was spudded 20 meters from the original location. The re-spud has successfully
drilled the problem zone, and drilling will now continue toward the target as per program.
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)
Company: Altinex Oil AS more info
- NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for PL 442 Wildcat (Aug 28)
- Dong Completes Drilling at Siri-6 in Danish North Sea (Jan 27)
- Oilexco Enters LOI with Bluewater to Deploy FPSO at North Sea's Huntington (Aug 27)
Company: Nordsofonden more info
- Maersk Oil Threatens to Shut Down Tyra Field in 2018 (Apr 04)
- Maersk Oil Commences Production from New Platform in Danish North Sea (Mar 31)
- Wintershall Confirms Oil at Ravn-3 in Danish North Sea (Dec 17)