Austral Pacific Wins Southernmost Offshore Taranaki Permit
Wellington-based Austral Pacific Energy Ltd has been awarded the southern Taranaki Basin.
An exploration well is also required within three years.
Only one well has been previously drilled within the permit area: Surville-1 drilled in 1976 by NZ Aquitaine Petroleum near the western edge of the current permit.
PEP 38524 is Austral Energy's only offshore permit, having recently relinquished its offshore Canterbury permit.
- Austral Pacific Files 2008 Annual Results (Mar 26)
- Austral Pacific Revises NZ Reserves Estimates (Feb 16)
- Malvern, Onaero 2D Seismic Surveys Completed (Dec 01)
Company: New Zealand Crown Minerals more info
- Crown Minerals Closes PIT Petroleum Applications (Jul 09)
- Hydraulic Workover Unit Mobilizes on Maui A (Apr 20)
- TAG Oil Targets Higher Output at Cheal (Apr 09)