ENSCO Adds Enhanced Jackup to Fleet
A subsidiary of ENSCO International has taken delivery of ENSCO 108, an enhanced KFELS B Class design jackup rig constructed by Keppel FELS Limited in Singapore. The rig, which was delivered on time and within budget, is contracted to work in Indonesia until the second quarter of 2008 with term extension options that could be exercised by the customer to extend the contract up to two additional years.
Dan Rabun, President and Chief Executive Officer of ENSCO commented, "We are pleased to complete another successful project with Keppel FELS. ENSCO 108 is the Company's ninth ultra-high specification jackup rig constructed by Keppel FELS since 1999."
With the addition of ENSCO 108, ENSCO's premium jackup fleet has increased to 44 rigs, ten of which are new ultra-high specification rigs built over the last seven years.
ENSCO, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, owns and operates a modern
fleet of offshore drilling rigs servicing the petroleum industry on a global basis.
Manages 65 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)