Northern Petroleum Wins Onshore Dutch License
Northern Petroleum Nederland B.V. (NPN), a subsidiary of Northern Petroleum Plc, has won the onshore Oosterwolde exploration license in The Netherlands.
NPN's application for Oosterwolde was published in April 2005. The license surrounds the 1992 gas discovery at Oosterwolde-1 but excludes the area around that discovery. The license will run for an initial period of five years from the date of publication of the final decree.
Operations Update - The Netherlands
Elsewhere in The Netherlands the Brakel gas well has been successfully re-entered, the downhole integrity tested and suspended. The planned re-perforation and testing will occur when suitable equipment is available and approvals are granted. This is scheduled in the second quarter this year.
The movement of the Drilltec Synergy drilling rig to the Ottoland oil and gas site to drill and test a lateral sidetrack from the discovery well remains on schedule for April 2007.
Operations Update – Spain
Northern holds a 1.25% Gross Overriding Royalty in the Hontomin-4 appraisal well currently being drilled by Ascent Resources Plc. The Hontomin oil discovery was last drilled and tested by Cairn Energy Plc in 1991, a time of lower oil prices.
Richard Latham, Chairman of Northern, commented:
'We are continuing with our strategy to build a core area in The Netherlands. The award of the Oosterwolde license together with the recently announced acquisition of interests in the Waalwijk gas field and potential underground gas storage projects with Essent, represents the increasing fulfillment of that strategy.
"In Spain our residual gross overriding royalty allows us to participate in any revenues derived an old asset at no present or future cost. We look forward to the outcome of the current drilling with interest."
Northern Petroleum Plc is an oil and gas production, development and
exploration company with core interests under its management in The
Netherlands, Italy and the United Kingdom. Before the Waalwijk acquisition from
Wintershall Noordzee B.V. announced on 27 March 2007 that brought in further
gas production, the Company had published proven and probable reserves of 56
and 4.5 million barrels of oil equivalent in the Netherlands and UK
respectively and is currently working towards putting its six Netherlands oil
and gas fields into production with financial support from Standard Bank. The
Shell/ExxonMobil subsidiary Nederlandse Aardolie Maatschapppij B.V.
participates in five of the six Netherlands fields by way of a net profits
- India Plans Larger Oil Auctions as Modi Pursues Import Cuts (Sep 14)
- Cairn Energy: SNE-5 Appraisal Well Hits Oil, Gas (Mar 07)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)
Company: Northern Petroleum more info
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)
Company: Ascent Resources more info
- Ascent Resources Appoints Interim CEO (Sep 11)
- Ascent Resources Appoints New CFO (Aug 03)
- Brazil's Odebrecht, Braskem to Operate US Petrochemical Project (Apr 10)
Company: DrillTec GUT GmbH more info
- Northern Spuds Sidetrack from Ottoland-1 (Apr 26)
- Northern Petroleum Wins Onshore Dutch License (Mar 30)
- Northern Reports Early Dutch Sidetrack Deal (Jan 17)