Mosaic Spuds Brynog-1
Mosaic Oil NL said that the Brynog-1 well, which is operates, spudded at 7 a.m. EST on Monday. It will take approximately 18 days to drill to the planned total depth of 2240 meters on a trouble-free basis.
Brynog-1 is the last well of the Ausam Farmin Stage 1 program. The well is located approximately 25 km south of Surat Town and 1 km east of the Silver Springs to Wallumbilla gas pipeline.
Ausam will fund the first $1.5 million of the Brynog-1 well costs and then contribute pro-rated interest for any costs above $1.5 million.
The well will be drilled with nitrogen and target the Permian Tinowon Sandstone gas and/or oil reservoir in a stratigraphic trap located immediately south-southwest of the Churchie-Noorindoo area.
The Brynog Prospect has the potential to contain recoverable reserves of up to 15 BCF of gas or 2 million barrels of oil (in the P10 case).
- O&G Exploration Bonanza: 9 Offshore Taranaki Permits Awarded (Sep 24)
- Mosaic, Vicpet Shake on Queensland Farm-In Programs (Jun 12)
- Hurricane Classified as a New Field Oil & Gas Discovery (Jul 23)
Company: Ausam Energy more info
- Ausam, Noram File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection (Dec 31)
- Grim Prospects Ausam Energy Corporation (Dec 22)
- Drilling Commences at Vision Chalk Prospect (Nov 19)