Eni's Norwegian Wildcat a Duster
Eni Norge has, as operator of production license 329, concluded drilling of wildcat well 6607/2-1 in the Norwegian Sea in waters of 860 meters TVD.
The well was dry.
The objective of the well was to explore the potential in a Paleocene prospect located about 30 km south-east of the discovery 6707/10-1 Luva and about 80 kilometers NNW of the Norne field.
Wildcat well 6607/2-1 was drilled to a total depth of 3503 meters TVD below the sea surface. The well was concluded in the Springar formation in rocks of Upper Cretaceou age.
Well 6607/2-1 was drilled using Transocean Leader semisub. The facility will now move to PL 324 in the Norwegian Sea for drilling of well 6504/5-1 S.
Licensees in production license 329:
Eni Norge AS (operator): 40%
Gaz de France Norge AS: 20%
DONG E&P Norge AS: 20%
Petoro AS: 20%
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)