Antrim: Rig Secured for East Kerloch
Antrim Energy Inc. said that a drilling rig has been contracted to drill the East Kerloch prospect in Block 211/22a northwest area in the UK North Sea.
Dana Petroleum (E&P) Limited ("Dana") the operator, has confirmed the Sedco 704 semi-submersible drilling rig will drill the well. The program will be managed by AGR Peak Well Management ("Peak").
Drilling operations, anticipated to take approximately 40 days, are expected to commence in October 2007. The well will be drilled to an estimated depth of 3,600 meters. Antrim holds a 21% working interest in Block 211/22a northwest area.
The well will target the oil prone Jurassic Brent Sandstones adjacent to the Cormorant oil field and related infrastructure. The East Kerloch prospect is located approximately 2 km from the original discovery well 211/22a-1 which tested up to 1,272 barrels of oil per day ("bopd") from the Tarbert sandstone. The proposed location is approximately 10 km northwest of the Causeway 211/23d-17z well drilled by Antrim and partners in mid-2006, which successfully tested oil at 14,500 barrels of oil per day ("bopd") from the Jurassic Brent Ness and Tarbert formations. A multi-well drilling program for Causeway is scheduled to start in the second quarter of 2007.
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Antrim Energy more info
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)
Company: Peak Well Management more info
- Peak Well Reels in Contract to Supply UHD Fishing Tool Package (Jul 25)
- Antrim: Rig Secured for East Kerloch (Mar 22)
- Granby: Ensco 100 Secured for Tristan NW (Jan 30)