Anzon: Not Bidding for Nexus
Anzon Australia Limited "categorically denies" reports by the financial press Thursday that it is bidding for Nexus Energy Limited. Moreover, Anzon said that it has no intention of bidding for Nexus.
Anzon noted that it is currently focused on delivering value to its shareholders by enhancing its producing Basker, Manta and Gummy assets in Bass Strait--as demonstrated by the announcement of the Gas Contract earlier this week that now increases the project life to 17 years.
Anzon has not been asked to participate in the proposed fund raising announced
by Nexus and it notes that the proposed fund raising is at a significant premium
to the acquisition price of the Nexus shares acquired by Anzon last year. Anzon
has complimented Nexus on its performance in the recent past.
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)
Company: Anzon Energy more info
- Anzon Underscores Merger Ratio for ROC Oil Shares (Sep 18)
- ROC Gets Court Approval to Merge with Anzon (Sep 05)
- Anzon Australia Gets Extension for Shareholders' Statement (Aug 21)