Safety Specs a Must for Offshore Accommodation Market in Scandinavia
Offshore accommodation specialist Duffy and McGovern is supplying a clutch of high-specification engineering modules for work in Norwegian and Danish waters.
Leading global supplier Duffy and McGovern Accommodation Services, has secured deals lasting up to seven months with Maersk Olie og Gas AS, Marathon Oil Norway and Fugro-Robertson worth a combined £82,000.
Duffy and McGovern, which was acquired by HB Rentals in January, is mobilizing the units direct from its fleet base at Dusavik, Norway.
The Marathon Oil Norway deal sees one of Duffy and McGovern's sizable fleet of versatile 20' x 8' engineering modules, Norsok Z015 standard and DNV approved, being used as an office during modification and upgrade work on the Alvheim FPSO vessel. It is DMAS' first contract with Marathon in Norway.
A 20' x 8' engineering office module, zone 1 and A60 fire-rated and DNV approved, will be used by construction staff working for Maersk on the Halfdan Platform in Denmark during installation work.
Duffy and McGovern's unique range of 20' x 8' footprint modules are in high demand and widely available in all global regions, offering flexible solutions for any requirement from two-man sleeping quarters, to drilling support cabins, offices, workshops, stores and mini galleys.
Fugro-Robertson has taken a 16' x 8' DNV-approved A60 fire rated zone 1 engineering module, fitted-out as a laboratory for Norsk Hydro staff carrying out sample analysis work on the Polar Pioneer at a wellsite in the Barent Sea for more than eight months.
Duffy and McGovern's commercial director, Craig Russell, said: "Safety features were a major driver of these contracts, with the global accreditation we are renowned for important to our customers. (Offshore) availability and flexibility is a key consideration for our clients and we were able to respond quickly to a very tight deadline for Marathon thanks to the extensive range of engineering cabins available globally."
Duffy and McGovern Accommodation Services is a leading supplier of temporary offshore accommodation cabins for the oil and gas exploration and production industry with over 30 years' experience. The company has operations in 16 cities and 13 countries worldwide with regional hubs in New Orleans, Aberdeen and Singapore.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Duffy & McGovern more info
- Duffy and McGovern Gains New Deals with the Move to Singapore (Aug 08)
- Duffy and McGovern Gearing Up for High Demand (Jul 23)
- Duffy and McGovern Makes Waves in South East Asia (Jun 13)