Global: Kenya Exploration Period Extended
Global Petroleum Ltd said that the Government of Kenya has extended the current exploration period (i.e., first additional exploration period) for the Kenyan PSC L-5 by 16 months to 11th July 2008, bringing it into alignment with the equivalent exploration period for L-7. Global's Kenya Joint Venture will now be able to progress the study referred to in the Company's release of 25th January.
The Joint Venture has until the end of this extension period to decide whether to commit to a further well in L-5 in the 2nd additional exploration period of 2 years.
In L-7, the Joint Venture has until 11th July 2008 to drill the 1st well in this License before deciding whether to proceed to the 2nd additional exploration period and commit to a 2nd well in L-7.
The L5 and L7 Joint Venture comprises:
--Woodside Energy (Kenya) Pty Ltd, 30% (and operator); --Dana Petroleum (E&P) Ltd, 30% * --Repsol Exploracion S.A., 20% * --Global Petroleum, 20%
The costs associated with Global's 20% in L5 and L7 are carried for all activities through the drilling of the first well in each of these areas.
*Another transaction is pending which, subject to the necessary permissions, will result in the transfer of a 3% interest in L5 and L7 from Dana to Repsol, resulting in Repsol having a 23% interest in L5 and L7 and Dana a 27% interest.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Global Petroleum Limited more info
- Global Petroleum Appoints New Director (Jun 10)
- Global Petroleum Looking to Acquire New Projects, Remains 'Selective' (Jan 29)
- Global Petroleum Director Resigns from Board (Jan 22)