Questerre Announces Prelim Results from Quebec Well
Questerre Energy Corp. said that testing is underway on the Gentilly #1 well in the St. Lawrence Lowlands, Quebec.
Gentilly #1 was drilled vertically to a depth of 2,529 m and was rig released on December 15, 2006. The well flowed sweet natural gas from the Trenton Black-River formation at rates of up to 4.5 mmcf/d (750 barrels of oil equivalent). Additional testing is underway to determine if the well is commercial and results are expected in four to six weeks. Questerre and its minority partners hold a 25% interest in the well. Talisman Energy Inc. has earned a 75% interest in the well and is the operator.
Questerre Energy Corporation is a Calgary-based independent resource company actively engaged in the exploration, development and acquisition of high-impact exploration and development oil and gas projects in Canada.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Questerre Energy more info
- Questerre Inks MOU with MEMR to Appraise, Develop Jordan's Oil Shale Blocks (May 25)
- Questerre: Completion Ops Underway at Gentilly Well (Jul 09)
- Testing Commences on St. Edouard Horizontal Well (Feb 02)