A2D's US Collection Passes 3.5M Mark
A2D Technologies has surpassed 3.5 million logs in the US inventory for Log-Line, the company's online database of more than 4.7 million well logs worldwide. The milestone was reached just weeks after the tenth anniversary of Log-Line's industry-first sale of a well log over the Internet.
The 3.5 millionth log to go online is from the OCS-G-22987 Well No.2 S/T-3 located in the Gulf of Mexico Green Canyon Block 680. It was logged on January 2nd, 2005 by Baker Hughes for Kerr McGee Oil and Gas Corporation to a depth of 14,678 feet. As the MMS' official release agent, A2D was able to place this log online immediately once the 26-month release period ended. As with all Gulf of Mexico wells on Log-Line, it is released both as a raw LAS file and in an edited, standardized and corrected Workstation Ready format.
The first log sold over the internet, on December 7th, 1997, was a digital LAS file for Well OCS-G 02051 #3 in East Cameron Block 286. From an initial customer list of less than a dozen, Log-Line has grown over the past decade to surpass over 1,300 current users.
"We are thrilled," commented Russ Whisonant, Director of Sales - US, A2D Technologies. "Though in recent years there have been exciting developments as we have added North Sea, Russian and Nigerian and other West African data to our collection, we haven't lost our focus on having the most comprehensive collection of U.S. well log data available anywhere."
Log-Line Plus!, the most recent iteration of the Log-Line system, is accessed from A2D's website. Using a standard web-browser, users are able to search for specific logs, directional and velocity surveys and other borehole data types using both text and map-based search tools. Data is acquired under a number of flexible models, ranging from unlimited open access plans to individual licensing.
A2D Technologies, a TGS-Nopec Company, is the energy industry's well log data marketplace offering the largest online database, immediate delivery, conversion services, data management services and worldwide well log data sourcing. TGS is a leading global provider of multi-client geoscientific data, associated products and services to the oil and gas industry.
- Synergy Resources Approved as O&G Operator in Colorado (May 13)
- Anardarko Is Winner in U.S. Royalty Case (Jan 13)
- U.S. Official Estimates $31B At Stake in Kerr-McGee Case (Feb 26)
Company: TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company more info
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Baker Hughes more info
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add The Most Oil Rigs In A Week Since June (Nov 10)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Baker Hughes: US Oil Rig Count Falls by Most in Week Since May 2016 (Nov 03)
Company: A2D Technologies more info
- A2D's US Collection Passes 3.5M Mark (Mar 09)
- A2D Well Log Subscriptions Increase Data Access (Oct 30)
- Uzbekistan to Make Well Log Data Available Online (Oct 12)