Sevan Hummingbird Sailaway to Rotterdam Started
The Sevan Hummingbird left Yantai Raffles Shipyard in China this morning. The platform has been placed onboard a dry tow vessel and is on its way to the Keppel Verolme Shipyard in Rotterdam, where the installation of the process plant will take place. The expected transit time is 35 days. Later this year, the Sevan Hummingbird will be installed on the Chestnut Field in the central UK North Sea, under a contract with Venture Production Plc.
With the overall length measuring 65.15m and overall width at 64.3m, the vessel has an oil storage capacity of 300,000 barrels and an offloading capacity of 3600 cubic meters per hour. In comparison to a conventional monohull FPSO, the round shaped vessel generally uses less surface (or 'hullsteel') to contain the same volume. The weight, at 9,700 metric tonnes, is therefore considerably less than a conventional FPSO with the same storage capacity. A further advantage is that the unit is less sensitive to wave induced motions. The accommodation comprises living quarters, offices and communal facilities for a crew of 44.
Yantai Raffles has previously delivered 'SSP Piranema', the world's first round shaped FPSO for operation in the Piranema Field in the State of Sergipe. A third round FPSO is currently under construction at Yantai Raffles Shipyard.
- Newbuild COSLProspector Semisub Commences Sea Trial Offshore China (Oct 09)
- Aker Solutions Scores Jackup Drilling Equipment Contract (Apr 16)
- China's First Deepwater Semi Delivered (Nov 16)
Company: Sevan Marine more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)