Pacific Stratus Announces Colombia Discovery
Pacific Stratus Energy Ltd. said that its 80% owned Mauritia Norte 1 well located in the Moriche block in the Llanos Basin of Colombia encountered several multi-zone crude and gas shows.
The well has been drilled to a total measured depth of 10,000 feet. The target Mirador and Ubaque formations were encountered as forecast. The company will be running logs over the weekend and expects to have results to announce within next week.
Pacific Stratus is the operator in this block. By drilling this well, the company has fulfilled the second phase of its contractual commitment with the Colombian Hydrocarbons Agency, the grantor of the Moriche association contract.
Pacific Stratus Energy is a Canadian-based oil and gas company that
initiated operations in 2004. The company is focused on identifying attractive
opportunities primarily within the upstream Sub Andean basins. Pacific Stratus
has a current net production of 2,500 barrels of oil per day, with working
interests in the Caguan, Dindal, Rio Seco, Puli B, Doima (currently under
dispute), La Creciente and Moriche blocks in Colombia. The company has offices
in Toronto, Caracas and Bogota.
- Petro Rubiales Completes Acquisition of Pacific Stratus (Jan 23)
- Petro Rubiales and Pacific Stratus Amend Share Exchange Ratio (Jan 15)
- Pacific Stratus Discovers Gas in La Creciente Block, Colombia (Jan 03)
Company: National Hydrocarbon Agency (Colombia) more info
- Canacol Secures Pacarana Technical Evaluation Area from Colombia's NHA (Jul 02)
- Pacific Stratus Announces Colombia Discovery (Mar 01)