Libya's NOC: Repsol's Discovery Announcement 'Premature'
Shokri Ghanem, Chairman of Libya's National Oil Corp. (NOC), has stated that Repsol YPF has made an untimely announcement concerning its new discovery in the Area NC186, located in the North African country's Murzuq Basin.
Although Repsol has made a discovery in the region, the quantity and size of the reservoir has yet to be determined and more tests and studies have to be completed to evaluate it. Thus NOC, at the present time, does not intend to confirm this discovery and considers the announcement by Repsol to be premature.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
- Source: Libya's Sharara Oil Field Reopens After Pipeline Blockade (Sep 05)