Ferguson Secures Contract Award for BP Magnus
BP has recently awarded a rental contract, worth an estimated £500,000, to Ferguson Modular Ltd for a 16 POB (persons on board) accommodation complex as part of the ongoing investment in the upgrade of the BP Magnus platform.
The complex, manufactured by Ferguson at their Inverurie facility, will comprise four 10.3 meter A60 DNV 2.7-1 modules linked and stacked. Breaking away from the traditional concept of bunk beds used in offshore accommodation, these modules will instead be fitted with single beds, providing spacious accommodation for employees and allowing ease of maintenance by stewards.
Gary Wilson, Divisional Manager, Module Hire said "This is another important contract for the Hire Division which we are delighted to have secured from BP with whom we have an excellent track record.
"Previous successful contracts have included eight 10.3m A60 accommodation modules for the BP Harding platform and an A60 Zone II office module for the BP Schiehallion FPSO in the UK North Sea.
"All of these orders have been delivered to tight timescales, and we are delighted that BP has returned to Ferguson once again."
This contract is the latest in a long line of recent successes for Ferguson Modular's offshore and onshore accommodation. Recent contracts have included major orders for large POB solutions for Global Santa Fe, Transocean & BHP Billiton, highlighting Ferguson Modular's capability to provide accommodation solutions from 4 POB to over 200 POB.
The Ferguson Group now employs over 100 people worldwide, with bases in Inverurie, Aberdeen, Stavanger and Perth, Australia.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Ferguson Modular more info
- Ferguson Modular Invests in New Modules for Norwegian Fleet (Oct 18)
- Ferguson Modular Appoints New Business Development Manager (Jun 22)
- Ferguson Modular Awards Outfitting Contracts for Support Vessel (Mar 23)