Talisman Has Proven Additional Resources on 15/12-12
Talisman Energy Norge AS has proven additional resources to the discovery 15/12-12 Rev (previously called 15/12-12 Varg Sor).
Talisman is the operator of Production license 038 C, which is located six kilometers south of the Varg Field in the southern part of the North Sea.
The appraisal well 15/12-17 S with the sidestep 15/12-17 A was drilled with the drilling facility Maersk Giant at a sea depth of 87 meters. The drilling extended to a total depth of 3,371 meters and 3,620 meters respectively below the sea surface. The well 15/12-17 S was concluded in rocks of Permian age and the sidestep 15/12-17 A in Triassic rocks. Gas with some condensate was proven in sandstone of late Jurassic age.
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate's estimate for additional resources indicate around 1.1 billion Sm3 of recoverable gas and approx. 0.2 million recoverable condensate. Total recoverable resources for Rev thus amount to around 5 billion Sm3 gas and 0.8 million Sm3 condensate. The licensees will now proceed with their planning to further develop the additional resources in the Rev structure. The well will be temporarily plugged and abandoned for later use as a potential producer.
The drilling facility Maersk Giant will now be moved to Mime, west of the Ula field, to drill the appraisal well 7/11-11 S for Talisman Energy Norge AS.
The licensees in Production license 038 C are:
Talisman Energy Norge AS (70%)
Petoro AS (30%)
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)