Murmanskaya Wins LOI for Work Offshore Sakahalin Island
A subsidiary of Sinvest ASA and Premium Drilling have agreed to a Letter of Intent with Venineft LLC for drilling one exploration well offshore Sakhalin Island at the Veninskiy block. The expected duration of the program, including mobilization and de-mobilization, is around five months. The estimated contract value is approximately US $36 million. The contract will commence in Singapore in May 2007.
The drilling contract will be performed by Premium Drilling with the unit Murmanskaya. The Murmanskaya is a Russian designed ILC jackup built at
Vyborg shipyard, assisted by Rauma Repola, in 1991. The rig is designed and equipped for operation in harsh environments.
- Reliance Opts for More Time to Deploy Deep Driller 4 (Dec 02)
- Coastal to Put Songkhla A-03 On Stream in Late November (Nov 13)
- Coastal Tests Positive Production Flow at Songkhla A-01 (Nov 04)
Company: Sinvest ASA more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Fourth Sinvest Jackup Drilling Rig (Oct 17)
- Chevron Contracts Deep Driller 2 for Operations Offshore Thailand (Dec 27)
- Keppel On Track to Deliver Another Super B Jackup (Jun 18)
Company: Venineft LLC more info
- Murmanskaya Wins LOI for Work Offshore Sakahalin Island (Feb 26)