Odfjell Exercises Option for Second Semisub
Odfjell Invest Ltd. has, in a board meeting held on February 22, 2007, resolved to declare its option to construct one semisubmersible drilling rig (Rig 2) at Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) in South Korea.
The option is valid until February 24, 2007, and the delivery of the additional unit will be a date not later than June 30, 2010.
The total construction cost is estimated to approximately US $645 million excluding financing cost, as compared to the first rig of US $598 million excluding financing cost. Approximately US $100 million is contemplated to be financed through new equity.
The Company is of the opinion that the terms and conditions for the exercising of the optional rig are favorable.
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Daewoo more info
- Woodside Discovers Gas at Thalin-1A Well Offshore Myanmar (Feb 12)
- Deep-Sea Plan Fails, Leaving Korean Shipyards Struggling (Jul 27)
- Daewoo Names New Chief After Ex-CEO Quits Over Myanmar Gas Sale Spat (Jun 17)