Subsea UK Names JP Kenny 'Company of the Year'
Wood Group has been honored as a leader in the expanding business of subsea engineering by Subsea UK, a national industry organization established to promote the sector and maximize its opportunities globally.
JP Kenny, the Wood Group subsidiary specializing in subsea and pipeline engineering, was presented with the Company of the Year 2007 award in Aberdeen by Subsea UK chief executive David Pridden.
Pridden said: "J P Kenny is an outstanding subsea company and fully met the criteria of significant growth in the last year, national and international profile and reputation, recognized business and technical excellence. They also demonstrated commitment to staff development and training."
Gerwyn Williams, Group Managing Director, said:
"This prestigious award recognizes the efforts of our 1,000 J P Kenny employees who have maintained our standards of technical excellence in an expanding subsea market.
"In 2006 we were leading many of the world's most challenging subsea and pipeline projects, including BP's deepwater program in Angola, Chevron's Gorgon project offshore Australia and the 3,000 deep Galsi pipeline linking Algeria to Italy."
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: JP Kenny more info
- J P Kenny Awarded Global Subsea Agreement by BP (Dec 17)
- Wood Group Makes Strategic Move into India (Apr 12)
- Subsea UK Names JP Kenny 'Company of the Year' (Feb 19)
Company: Subsea UK more info
- Subsea UK: Firms Need to Expand into Offshore Renewables (Jul 18)
- UK Subsea Services Recruitment Falls amid Oil Price Drop (Jun 09)
- Subsea UK Launches First Safety Forum (Sep 01)