Gastar Announces Wildman Trust #2 Completion
Gastar Exploration Ltd. reported the intial completion results on the Wildman Trust #2 well.
The well has been completed in one Bossier zone and was placed on sales on February 13, 2007 at an initial gross rate of approximately 8.0 MMcfd. An additional Bossier zone in the Wildman Trust #2 well is being evaluated for completion and co-mingling later this quarter. Gastar has a 67% after casing point working interest and an approximate 50% net revenue interest in the well.
Commenting on the results, J. Russell Porter, Gastar's President & CEO, stated, "We are pleased to have the Wildman Trust #2 well on production. We also are moving forward with completion operations on the Williams #1 and the John Parker #2 wells. The continued successful exploitation of the Bossier formation on our acreage and on surrounding acreage by ConocoPhillips and EnCana Corporation confirms the deep Bossier as a maturing resource play with tremendous upside potential."
Gastar Exploration Ltd. is an exploration and production company focused on finding and developing natural gas assets in North America and Australia. The Company pursues a balanced strategy combining select higher risk, deep natural gas exploration prospects with lower risk coal bed methane (CBM) development. The Company owns and operates exploration and development acreage in the Deep Bossier gas play of East Texas. Gastar's CBM activities are conducted within the Powder River Basin of Wyoming and upon the approximate 3.0 million gross acres controlled by Gastar and its joint development partners in Australia's Gunnedah Basin, PEL 238 and Gastar's Gippsland Basins located in New South Wales and Victoria, respectively.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Gastar Exploration more info
- Gastar to Buy Back Chesapeake Stake (Apr 01)
- Gastar Pleased with Initial Marcellus Production Rates (Sep 21)
- Gastar Tests Marcellus Wells in West Virginia (Jul 28)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)